The “All Are Welcome” saying that you see and hear quite frequently around the Shrine represents the spirit of the Shrine’s mission. Over the past several years St. Anthony Shrine has developed an in-depth understanding of social media and technology to help us better connect with to our existing community.
People continually tell us how technically sound we are and we pride ourselves on being a very tech savvy church. Our thinking behind this movement is that the more ways we have to share our mission with you, the more people we can help. Our social media has become a driving force behind sharing what the Shrine has to offer.
We have implemented a number of changes to keep us secure and up-to-date on the technical side over the past few years. When we hear about a new technology, we brainstorm about how it might help make things easier for you as our faithful community.
A few examples of the implementations that have kept us ahead of the game are:
- Our application or “app” for your smartphone or tablet, which includes a full up-to-date Mass & Confession schedule, including the presider of each Mass and Confession time; the weekly schedule of events; our bulletin; and so much more. This can be downloaded right your smartphone or tablet. Just search your “Shrine Boston” in your app store today. This was implemented in August 2014.
- The electronic giving kiosk just outside the doors of the first and second floor lobbies, where you can make a donation to your credit/debit card. This is all new equipment and an improvement from what used to be there. This brand new hardware is more secure and makes it easier for the user. These giving kiosks where implemented at the beginning of October 2017.
- Our prayer request line. Which is a phone number that you can call or text (617) 553-4100 at any point in time to request a prayer intention(s). Your intention(s) will be immediately printed out and placed in the friars’ chapel for their community prayer held twice a day. This was reformed; set up and active as of June 2015.
- The NEW “Light A Candle” online, which can be accessed by visiting our website, or through our application on your smartphone. This has been active on our website and app since the middle of October 2017.
- The “Text-To-Give” number. This number will be used at various points throughout the year, making it as easy as possible to make your donation without much effort. This number is (617) 712-2233. This has only been active since November 2017. Text, GIVE to make a donation today.
As the world continues to make it easier and easier for us as to access information about anything we please with the click of a button, you can be sure that the Shrine will be right there whenever a new technology is introduced.
We extend a huge thank you to few of our faithful tech companies, Saintly Solutions of Albuquerque, NM and TeamLogic IT of Woburn, MA, for helping us continue on the right path.
Director of Social Media and Web Content