St. Anthony Shrine Closed Indefinitely
(Due to Covid-19 Pandemic)
March 30, 2020
We are using guidance from Church and governmental authorities in any future re-opening plan. In the meantime, the building remains closed to the public. The following services will continue to be provided:
1. Live-streaming of the Arch Street friars’ private liturgies and Masses during Holy Week, Easter, and also weekends for the foreseeable future. All liturgies and Masses are closed to the public.
2. We continue to do counseling for the recovery community via telephone during regular business hours. Anthony Andreottola, LMHC, available Monday-Friday, 9-5 via telephone, 781-526-3679.
3. We are providing groceries to members of the Franciscan Food Center on Thursdays.
4. In the neighborhood of the Shrine, we are providing outreach services for the homeless.
5. We also continues to update “Good Word of the Day” via phone, 617-542-0502.
6. We continue to take orders for Mass cards and the lighting of votive candles online.
7. The Franciscan Spiritual Companionship Ministry continues at the Shrine, with sessions available by phone/Facetime/Skype. If your spiritual life would benefit from a connection with one of our spiritual directors, please contact David Nolan at 617-778-1329.
This decision is based on the fact that we have many vulnerable populations that gather at the Shrine, including seniors, tourists and the homeless. It is in the best interests of public health and the common good that we do our part with regard to this virus.
Any questions that you have please email [email protected]
Please join the friars in our prayer for all of the sick, medical workers, and all people impacted by this virus.
ST. ANTHONY SHRINE
100 Arch Street, Boston MA 02110