The ArchStreet Band
Six of Boston’s most prolific, professional musicians make up The Arch Street Band [TASB]. These folks perform regularly with their own award-winning bands, groups like the Boston Pops, Boston Symphony, Boston Children’s Chorus, and at local Jazz venues. Also educators, members are on faculty at Tufts University, Berklee, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Shrewsbury Public Schools, and Concord Academy. Their care for worship, the Eucharist, and the work of the friars is reflected in their tenure, as they are among the longest-running lay-workers at the Shrine.
Listen While You Read!
Explore below to see what keeps TASB busy!
- 8 Weekly Music Masses
- Lazarus Funerals – Providing proper and dignified funerals and burials for the homeless and abandoned, the poorest of the poor, to ensure they are not forgotten.
- Emmaus Retreats – Focused on the spiritual journey of parents whose children of any age have died by any cause. All are welcome.
- Weddings – Wedding music in churches throughout New England. Most of the time these develop through existing relationships at the Shrine. For more information please contact Mark Emery, 857-206-7245.
- School Masses
- Concerts/Dramatic Presentations – An annual Advent/Christmas concert and 5 presentations of the Dramatic Stations of the Cross are among TASB traditions at the Shrine. Sign up for the Shrine Newsletter to stay up to date.
- Classical Express Series
- Original Music Writing and Recording
- Franciscan Meditation Series